Children, family and youth services
Our goal is to help blind and partially sighted children and young people, aged 0-25 years old, to enjoy the same rights, responsibilities, opportunities and quality of life as those who have full sight.
Here you will find information on how we can help, and contact details to find out more.
We provide a range of services for blind and partially sighted children and young people and their families. Our team also provide specialised services to those who support them in education, recreation and the wider community
- Children and young people's events and activities
- Advice, signposting and support for families
- Training for professionals, such as our sight loss awareness course.
We offer a wide range of activities, including:
- Family Weekends providing a break for all the family with fun for all the children and information and support for parents.
- Children's fun and activity days
- Summer play schemes providing inclusive play opportunities for children with sight loss and information sessions for parents and families
- Activity days and residential weekends for young people as part of the RNIB Youth Service
- Training opportunities for young people as part of the RNIB NI's Youth Service
Information for parents
Are you a parent of a child with sight loss? Would you like to speak to other parents? If so you can contact Angel Eyes Northern Ireland, a local parents' charity working in partnership with RNIB NI.
RNIB NI Going to school
There may be times in a child's life that they may need help beyond what their teacher can provide. If this is the case, what support can you expect for your child in Northern Ireland and how do you access it?
The information in this document has been written for parents or guardians of children with sight loss.
If you would like to find out more about the services, support, information and activities RNIB Northern Ireland's Children, Family and Youth Services offer:
tel: 028 9032 9373
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now