We can convert your printed material into accessible formats.
Our transcription centre can converts all types of print information into accessible formats for individual blind and partially sighted people. We can transcribe books, parts of books, local newsletters and correspondence - in fact anything not available anywhere else. We produce information in the following formats:
- Audio - CD, Daisy CD, mp3
- Large print
- Modified Stave notation - accessible sheet music and musical scores.
- Electronic text
- Tactile diagrams
- RNIB Members can request free transcription equivalent to 300 straightforward print pages every year. Find out about Membership of RNIB.
- You can buy further transcription at a subsidised cost, depending on the complexity and format of the original information and the type of transcription required.
- Prices start from just 4p a page.
- If you are not a member of RNIB you can still request transcription at the same subsidised cost.
- Full menu of Transcription Service Prices (Word, 40KB)
How to order
To order transcription get in touch with our transcription centre by phone 01752 690092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our address is:
RNIB Transcription centre
2 Whiteoaks Court
If you require transcription in Welsh our Cardiff transcription centre can help.
If you are a business that needs transcription services please contact our business services team.
Find local services and organisations that help blind and partially sighted people in the UK.Search Sightline