Reading and writing
Discover the different ways to read, the products to help you read, and the latest young people books and magazines to dive into.
- Visit reading choices for information about ebooks, large print and audio books), what to read, and products to help you read.
- Join RNIB Reading Libraries including RNIB Talking Books and RNIB Overdrive, for fiction and non-fiction books in audio, braille and giant print. loads of great books in giant print (24 point type), braille or audio
- Choose from loads of books for young people - adventure, love, fantasy, funny stories, stories about animals, families, underpants and aliens, poetry and non-fiction books on topics like cookery, pets and sport. Borrow up to six books at a time. Postage is free.
- Aquila - monthly magazine for factoids aged between 6 and 12. Jam packed with science, wildlife and world facts as well as hilarious jokes and challenging puzzles.
- BBC Top of the Pops - for the pop crazy teenage girl who wants to know who is scaling the charts, read star interviews and get fashion and lifestyle tips.
- BBC Horrible Histories- kids of all ages (and all the grownups) can't get enough of everything horrible about history. It's hilarious and factual with a good helping of gross!
- First news - a weekly magazine bursting with current affairs and news for 7 - 14 year olds. Covering all the latest stories from the UK and around the world. Special features include Kids in the Commons, science news and features from young reporters.
Other children's magazines from RNIB
Got the writing bug?
Want to write for us?
Websites for young writers
Reading choices from RNIB
We make it possible for you to get access to books, newspapers and magazines in the format you prefer, whether that’s braille, audio, large print or digital. You can borrow from our library service – the largest of its kind in the UK – or buy from our online shop.RNIB reading choices