RNIB audio books service - Talking Books
If you are struggling to read print, we can help you discover a new way of reading with audio books.
How to get Talking Books from RNIB
- Talking Books annual subscription costs £50
- Pay by direct debit over 10 months - just £5 a month
- You can get a 15 per cent off selected DAISY players from the RNIB shop
- More than 21,000 high quality, unabridged audio books, delivered direct to your door
What you get with Talking Books
- Borrow up to six books at any one time - with extra books for holidays.
- Borrow as many books as you want over the year.
- Our speedy on-demand service means you will receive the books you want straight away with no waiting for any title.
- All our audio books fit on just a single CD
- Get help with choosing audio books from our experienced librarians.
When you subscribe to the Talking Book Service, you also become a member of RNIB's National Library Service.
Getting started with Talking Books
- Getting the most from Talking Books - essential tips on using the service
- Choose the audio books that you want to read - whether it's crime or classics, family sagas or romance, autobiographies or gardening
- Buying a player for listening to Talking Books - two factsheets to help you choose a DAISY or MP3 player for use with Talking Books.
Gifts for grandparents, parents, friends and family
If you are looking for a gift for parents or grandparents and want to give them something that lasts all year round, buy a gift subscription to the Talking Book Service.
Audio books for children
We have a wide range of audio books for children and teenagers, and our specially trained children's librarians can help with choosing books for children.
Support Talking Books
Almost two million people are living with sight loss in the UK. When you lose your sight, you feel like you lose everything. Listening to a Talking Book is one of the things that people can enjoy without having to rely on anyone else. That feeling of independence is so important.
Over 34,000 people know how amazing the service can be. But that's just a fraction of the people who could benefit. It costs RNIB £4 million a year to run the Talking Book Service. Listen to Insight Radio explore the process of audio book production at RNIB Talking Book studios Behind the scenes - making a Talking Book (mp3).
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now