Onkyo Braille Essay Contest is back!
Download the Onkyo Essay entry packBraille-Onkyo-Entry-Pack-2015.docWord, 261 KB
Time to get creative for the world’s biggest braille competition!
Whether you teach braille or transcribe it, use it in your everyday life or want to learn how to - we want to hear your unique story.
The Onkyo Essay Competition returns for another year in search of the world’s most talented writers. Tell us why braille is so important to you or the impact it’s had on someone you know and you could win anything from $500 to $2000.
How to enter
- To enter simply write a factual, fiction or poetry piece (no more than 1000 words) on a number of themes including ‘amusing stories about braille’ and ‘the future of braille’.
- Download the Onkyo Essay entry pack, which includes the full competition rules, plus an entry form which must be returned with your essay.
- Please email your completed essay and form to email@example.com (if you have braille copies send them by post to Helena Suprun, RNIB, PO Box 173, Peterborough, PE2 6WS).
- But hurry, the closing date for entries is 30 April 2015.
A British win in 2014
Last year, 12-year-old Brandon Hulcoop, from the UK scooped up the junior category prize and took home $1,000. Judges said Brandon’s prize-winning essay was ‘well written, to the point and smartly done’. Other UK finalists, include:
- Alison Brice (Word, 31.5KB)
- Ruth Delaney (Word, 28 KB)
- Mike Howell (Word, 33.5 KB)
- Julie Napier (Word, 31 KB)
- Alexia Sloane (Word, 13 KB)
Subscribe to RNIB Overdrive
Subscribe to Overdrive, our new digital library service for blind and partially sighted people, through the RNIB shopSubscribe