Make your money go further by claiming the concessions that you are entitled to
Concessions only for people registered blind (severely sight impaired)
If you are registered with your local authority as blind (severely sight impaired) there are three key concessions that you could be entitled to:
- a reduction of 50 per cent on your TV Licence fee
- a Blue Badge that allows any vehicle you are travelling in to make use of disabled car parking spaces
- free postage using the Articles for the Blind scheme.
Concessions for people registered as either blind or partially sighted
Whether you are registered with your local authority as blind (severely sight impaired) or partially sighted (sight impaired), there are a range of other concessions that you could be entitled to:
- help with NHS costs such as the cost of glasses, eye examinations and prescriptions
- you could make use of a free directory enquiries service
- and a range of leisure and travel concessions that can help you get out and about for less.
Download our leaflet on the benefits and concessions you could be entitled to
Part of our "Starting out" series of leaflets, "Benefits, concessions and registration" takes a look at the main benefits and concessions you could claim if you are blind or partially sighted, plus how you can go about registering your sight loss:
RNIB online shop
Shop online for a wide range of products that you need to remain independent. From talking scales to tactile labels, mobile phones to magnifiers, we can help you keep doing the things you love.Online shop