Connect Facebook groups
Our Connect Facebook groups are a supportive space for anyone affected by sight loss to talk to others in a similar situation, ask questions and share tips and stories.
Join our Connect Facebook group
Whether you're blind or partially sighted, or a family member or friend of someone who is, join our community-led Facebook groups to connect with others and share experiences.
Most topics covered in our Facebook groups are led by community members. But you will also have the opportunity to get involved with RNIB's work and take part in focus groups to help shape our products and services.
Each group has at least one RNIB staff member as a moderator. Staff moderators are supported by volunteers who assist in moderating the groups. The groups are actively moderated between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. You can find out more about how our Facebook groups are run, download our Online Community Engagement Policy below.
Our Facebook groups have been arranged according to geographic region.
- East of England including Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, and Suffolk.
- East Midlands including Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutland.
- London, England including the City of London and the 32 Greater London boroughs.
- Northern Ireland
- North East England including County Durham, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear.
- North West England including Greater Manchester, Lancashire, and Merseyside.
- South East England includes Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey, and West Sussex.
- South West England including Bristol, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset, and Wiltshire.
- West Midlands, England including Cheshire, Derbyshire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, and Worcestershire.
- Yorkshire and the Humber, England including East Riding of Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, and West Yorkshire.
Parents and carers group
We also have a UK-wide group for parents and carers of children and young people under 25 with vision impairment.
Connect Voices Network
Sight loss is unique to everyone and sharing your personal experience can really help us design better services and support. Our Connect Voices network offers you the chance to get involved with RNIB’s work and share your experiences. You could take part in surveys, help us test products and there may be opportunities from other organisations too.
"When I started talking and telling people how I was feeling, I felt there was an instant connection. I found it so positive and helpful to find people like myself going through a similar experience. We could relate to each other and support one another."
Stephen, north-west England.