Our fundraising promise
Your continued support helps us make a difference in the lives of blind and partially sighted people of all ages, across the UK. To ensure your funds are put to good use - this is our fundraising promise to you.
We are committed to high standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers, and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the relevant codes of practice, and with this promise.
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
We are honest and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to.
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs.
We are clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used.
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
We are respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We are fair and reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence.
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
We are accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to let us know.
- We have a feedback and complaints policy, which can be found on our Customer Feedback and Complaints page.