Free subscription for people with sight loss during coronavirus
We're helping people with sight loss keep up to date during the coronavirus situation by offering a free subscription to a newspaper or broadcast guide delivered in a plain text email.
This offer means that anyone who finds it difficult to read a paper or TV guide in their current print or online formats can get easy access to their favourite newspaper or broadcast guide for free for up to three months.
For a full list of what publications are available from RNIB Newsagent or to sign up to our service, contact our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 or by emailing [email protected].
If you want to keep up with the day’s headlines or simply want to enjoy your free time relaxing with your favourite magazine in an accessible format, look no further than RNIB Newsagent.
We deliver more than 200 popular and best-selling publications, in a format to suit you. Many of these are popular high street titles, where we select the best features and articles for you to enjoy.
Newspapers and magazines
Get the major daily and weekend papers. Full text is available electronically so you can read with a screen reader of your choice. You can also choose to receive selected audio highlights by digital download, or on CD or USB.
Among our most popular titles are BBC History Magazine, People’s Friend and Reader's Digest. These magazines are professionally narrated:
- BBC History Magazine helps bring Britain's and the world's rich past to life. In each monthly issue, leading historians offer fresh insights into every era, from the archaeology of the ancient world to the background to today’s current affairs.
- People’s Friend is the world's longest-running women's weekly magazine, packed full of fiction alongside features on topics such as gardening, cookery, travel and nostalgia – a little escapism from everyday life.
- Reader’s Digest is a monthly magazine the whole family can enjoy. It’s packed with inspirational real-life stories, humour and useful tips.
We also offer specialist publications such as New Scientist and Moneywise, as well as children’s magazines including National Geographic Kids and First News (children’s magazines are free of charge).
- Online: If you have a mobile phone or computer, get your daily paper or magazine delivered to your inbox or download from our website.
- Audio CD or USB: Delivered to your door.
- DAISY: DAISY CDs offer further navigation options over the audio you listen to. If you have a DAISY player, why not take a look at what titles are available from our newsagent service?
- Braille: magazines available in double-sided contracted braille.
- Big print: If you have some vision but would like to read a bigger font, this could be a choice for you.
Please note: Not all titles are available in all formats.
To take out a subscription:
Request a free sample
Not sure if this is the right service for you? Request a free sample and try the service for yourself: