Customer feedback and complaints
RNIB is committed to providing the best possible service both to our beneficiaries supported by us and those who support us through donations of time or money to help and empower blind and partially sighted people.
At RNIB we welcome and value feedback. Feedback allows us to learn from our successes and mistakes and allows us to continually improve the services and standards we provide. If you are not satisfied with any aspect of your experience with our services, policies or conduct we’d like to hear about it.
This policy outlines how we will respond to complaints and feedback in a professional, constructive, and fair manner and how we will aim to resolve them as swiftly as possible. We are committed to treating complaints seriously, sensitively, and with discretion and understanding.
We seek to ensure that:
- We provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use, with several options for you to contact us
- Complaints are acknowledged, investigated and resolved as timely as possible
- We listen thoroughly to all feedback to help us to review and improve our services
- The details of complaints are kept confidential as far as it is appropriate to do so.
How can I complain?
If you would like to make a complaint to RNIB, you can contact us using any of these options:
- Call: 0303 123 9999 (Monday to Friday, 8am–8pm)
- Email: [email protected]
- Write: RNIB Customer Feedback, Grimaldi Building, 154a Pentonville Road, London, N1 9JE
- Online: Fill in our Contact Us form on our website.
What happens to my complaint?
All customer feedback will receive an automated acknowledgement within one working day and our aim is to respond to you within 20 working days. If the nature of your complaint requires us to investigate further, we will let you know of any progress and how long it will take to resolve.
Can I take my complaint further?
We will always try to resolve your concerns fully, but if you are not happy with our response to your complaint you can seek advice from outside of RNIB. If the nature of your complaint is related to our fundraising work, you can contact the Fundraising Regulator, whose details are listed below. If the nature of your complaint is related to any other aspect of our charitable work, you may wish to contact The Charity Commission, also listed below.
Without support from the general public we could not continue our work. We really do appreciate the opportunity to discuss any complaints to help us learn and improve our services wherever possible.
The Fundraising Regulator
2nd floor, CAN Mezzanine Building
49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH
Phone: 0300 999 3407
Email: [email protected]
The Charity Commission
PO Box 1227
Liverpool, L69 3UG
Phone: 0845 300 0218