We can offer support and advice if you are blind or partially sighted and are finding it difficult to do a job due to deterioration in your sight.
Our service involves working with employers and employees, to ensure that both parties get the advice and support they need so that employees retain their jobs, while employers retain skilled and experienced staff
Our service offers:
- Advice on reasonable adjustments and adaptations that can be put in place.
- Individual mentoring and ongoing practical and emotional support.
- A range of training opportunities in Assistive Technology and IT
- Onward referral to the Access to Work programme for employment and technology assessment.
- Visual Awareness Training for employers and work colleagues around sight loss and how it affects people.
The programme is delivered across Northern Ireland and is fully flexible to accommodate the needs and commitments of both the employee and employer.
Let's Work Together
Our new booklet, Let's Work Together, explains why sight loss can be less of a problem in the workplace than you might think. It’s a simple and straightforward guide designed to help employers keep workers with sight loss.