RNIB Cymru Annual Impact Report 2022-2023
There are currently 112,000 people living with sight loss in Wales, and it’s predicted that this number will reach 133,000 by 2032. Our goal is to challenge misconceptions of sight loss, ensuring blind and partially sighted people in Wales can participate equitably and get practical and emotional support when they need it.
RNIB Cymru’s annual Impact Report showcases the work and achievements of our team in Wales from April 2022 to March 2023. It includes information about our campaigns, services and events we have hosted across the nation, with a focus on how we have continued to break down barriers for blind and partially sighted people in Wales.
Over the past year:
- 4,174 people from across Wales spoke to our Helpline Advisers.
- The Cardiff Transcription team recorded 60,000 minutes of audio books, newspapers, magazines and other documents.
- 80 children from across South Wales attended a visually impaired (VI) rugby event we hosted in collaboration with the Cardiff Rugby Community Foundation.
- Our Eye Care Liaison Officers reached 4,836 patients, carers and families.
- Our Social Change team worked with the media in Wales to highlight stories from blind and partially sighted people across the nation.