How to fundraise
Thank you for deciding to fundraise for RNIB!
In this section you will find everything you need to make your fundraising a success. We've got fundraising ideas for everyone, whether you're at work, school or as a group. If you're in a rush to get raising money, we've got a fantastic list of quick fundraising ideas to get you started!
Fundraising ideas and advice
Fundraising ideas to help you meet your target! Easy fundraising ideas for schools, work and local groups.
Work and group fundraising ideas
Brighten up the nine to five with some fun fundraising with your workmates for RNIB. Get physical with events and challenges, take on a reading challenge for Wear dots...raise lots or dress up and take part in Wear dots...raise lots. Your workplace might be able to offer matched funding - doubling the money you can raise. We also offer corporate partnerships - could we be your Charity of the Year? Another way to get your whole company involved is to introduce payroll giving - a really simple way of donating to RNIB.
Whether you want to get together with friends, colleagues, your Brownie, Scout or local religious group or social club we have some great ideas to get you started. We have simple fundraising ideas such as Wear lots, raise lots or recycling, through to events and challenges, which you can enter as a group. And for book lovers we have Wear dots...raise lots.
Quick fundraising ideas to get you started
- Cake bake - cheer up friends and colleagues on Mondays and sell cakes at coffee time
- Baby love - collect baby photos of people you know and guess who's who
- Head shave or chest wax for the really brave 60 minute make-over.
- Themed fancy dress day or a Wear dots...raise lots day!
- Donate a day's pay and ask your friends too
- Karaoke night - fun for everyone at a pub/ bar
- Whodunnit - hold a murder mystery party
- Car boot sale
- Run a quiz, talent show or fashion show
- Give it up - whatever it is get sponsored to give up your vice
- Sweepstakes - pick an event and run a sweepstake
- Grow a moustache or wear a different hairstyle for a month
- Put a collection box on your desk and see how much you can collect
- Sell plants or vegetables from your garden
- Set up a football tournament in your office or in your local area
- Collect old mobile phones recycle them with RNIB
- The *~@**! swear box to clean up your work environment
We'd also love to hear your own ideas for fundraising. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0845 345 0054 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now