Our ECLO service is an immediate point of contact for someone diagnosed with serious sight loss or an eye condition
Would you, or a person you know, like to talk to someone about an eye condition or a problem with vision? Do you, or does someone you know need some practical support?
Our Eye Care Liaison Officers (ECLOs) offer emotional and practical support at the point of diagnosis of an eye condition.
We are a confidential point of contact for anyone affected by sight loss, and their families, who are seeking help and advice.
This service is available in eye clinics and through the optometric practices (opticians) across the five Health and Social Care Trusts in Northern Ireland.
- Someone who can offer emotional support, explain medical jargon and help you understand your diagnosis
- Practical information and advice tailored to you. Like simple adaptations to everyday tasks to make life that bit easier
- Early onward referral to other useful services
- A point of contact so you or your family don’t feel as if you’re facing sight loss alone
You can talk to us about:
- How you or a member of your family, are coming to terms with sight loss
- Any concerns you may have, perhaps work related, how to continue with reading or living independently
- Welfare rights and benefits entitlement
- What other appropriate services are available to you
- Training or development opportunities
- Your rights under current government legislation.
Read more about common eye conditions and ways we can all keep our eyes healthy here.
You can contact your local RNIB ECLO by asking your doctor or nurse at your next eye clinic appointment, or just give our Helpline a call.
Tel: 0303 123 9999
Email: [email protected]