Discover all of the different support we can offer you, to help you make the most of technology.
- RNIB's Technology for Life team from our Sight Loss Advice Service can help with both simple and complex technology queries and issues offering information, advice and guidance over the phone, over email or through setting up a volunteer request.
- We navigate customers to a variety of ways and means of support and training relating to technology and digital services. This might be in a structured group setting or one to one; delivered at RNIB or partners premises, in their homes or in community venues.
- Technology Support volunteers also provide one-to-one support to people with sight loss in their homes. Our volunteers help them to use computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, e-readers and to get online.
- RNIB’s Technology for Life team work alongside many others to ensure technology support is available for blind and partially sighted people across the UK; we support, enthuse and enable local and national partners, professionals, and the community to plan and deliver localised technology support services.
Our friendly team can provide information and support you with:
- Using accessibility software such as JAWS and ZoomText
- Suitable apps for your smartphone or tablet
- Specifications of products
- Other assistive technology that could be relevant to you
Our helpful volunteers can support you with:
- Setting up smartphones
- Demonstrating the features of a tablet, iPad, smartphone or eReader
- Setting up Skype or other Digital applications
- Making the most of the internet and the different online tools
- Setting up and using social media accounts
We aim to respond to a customer request with a call or visit within seven days. Where a volunteer is unavailable, or has not accepted the request this could take up to 21 days. During this time our team will contact the customer to keep them up to date.
Further useful technology support and information: