RNIB has recently been chosen by People’s Postcode Lottery as a beneficiary. This is wonderful news for thousands of blind and partially sighted people.
By supporting RNIB through People’s Postcode Lottery
, you are helping blind and partially sighted people to gain the confidence to live with sight loss.
Many people, just like Charlene Kerr-Spencer, will benefit from our fantastic new partnership with People’s Postcode Lottery.
Charlene was working as a nurse when she developed an eye disease called keratoconus
. Her sight eventually deteriorated to the extent that she could no longer drive, work, or independently carry out everyday living tasks.
“It felt like I lost a big part of my life,” says Charlene. “Over the past two years and with the help of RNIB I have realised that having a visual impairment does not mean not being able to do things, but simply doing things differently.”
Charlene got involved with RNIB Connect
because she “wanted to enjoy life again”. The Connect community helps people with sight loss to meet others; to share similar experiences and information, find advice and guidance both face-to-face and online.
RNIB Connect discussion boards
“Through the RNIB Connect discussion boards, I got advice regarding computer software that helps me live with my condition”, Charlene explained.
RNIB Connect Radio
Living with Sight Loss course
“The Living with Sight Loss course
at RNIB was so helpful in giving me advice on everyday living. It’s something that everyone affected by sight loss should attend.”
“I was a member of the events organisation team,” said Charlene. “We worked to help promote awareness of living with sight loss in Stoke and Coventry. I also arranged a social evening in a local café to give an opportunity for people living with sight loss: friends, family and carers to come together, socialise and support each other.”
“I have really enjoyed being involved in RNIB Connect,” said Charlene. “I have met a lot of new people and have learned so many new skills so that I can function more independently and effectively. I have also become more confident and motivated.”
RNIB Connect have connected me to a community that I was unaware of three years ago and have helped make life worth living again.
People’s Postcode Lottery – raising money for good causes
Players of People’s Postcode Lottery have raised over £350 million so far for good causes across Great Britain and internationally.
Players pay £10 for 10 draws, paid monthly in advance. A minimum of 32 per cent from every £10 monthly subscription for draws supports RNIB’s vital work.
What can you win?
Winning postcodes are announced every day for the following prizes:
- Each month one postcode area will land a share of the £3 million Postcode Millions draw (the maximum ticket prize is 10 per cent of draw proceeds up to £400,000. More information about the prizes can be found here).
- Every Saturday and Sunday, one lucky postcode will win the £30,000 Street Prize.
- Each day, Monday to Friday, winning tickets in 10 postcodes scoop the £1,000 Daily Prize.
- Each month, winning tickets will receive a £5,000 Dream Holiday prize, plus £2,000 spending money.
- Each month, there’s £25,000 for every ticket in one winning postcode, plus a brand new car for one lucky winner.
How it works
- Tickets are sold as a monthly subscription. The cost of entering one ticket in all draws taking place in a month is £10. Ten draws take place in a typical month. Players play with a postcode.
- Daily announcement of the winning postcodes determined by the monthly draw are made on the People’s Postcode Lottery website. Once registered you are automatically entered every month into every draw for every prize.
- To find out more about People’s Postcode Lottery visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk or call 0808 109 8765.
- People's Postcode Lottery manages multiple society lotteries promoted by different charities. For details of each week’s society lottery visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/society.
- Players must be 16 years or over. Only available to play with postcodes in England, Scotland and Wales. Not available in Northern Ireland. Conditions apply. See Terms and Conditions: www.postcodelottery.co.uk/policies/terms-and-conditions.
- Ticket price £10 for 10 draws paid monthly in advance, a minimum of 32 per cent goes to charities. For a full list of prizes visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/prizes.
- For assistance call People’s Postcode Lottery on 0808 109 8765 or visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/about-us/contact-us.
- Trading address: 28 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh, EH2 4ET. © 2018 Postcode Lottery Ltd.
- Postcode Lottery Limited is incorporated in England and Wales and is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission (licence numbers 000-000829-N-102511 and 000-000829-R-102513).
- See licence status here: https://secure.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/PublicRegister/Search/Detail/829. Registered office: Postcode Lottery Ltd, Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4RR. Company reg. no. 04862732. VAT reg. no 848 3165 07.