Connect Voices is your way to get involved in RNIB's work, helping shape what we do.
At RNIB we have a set of values we work to, the most important is 'Being led by blind and partially sighted people'. One of the ways we live this value is by involving people with sight loss in our work. The aim of the Connect Voices Network is to give our community an important role in our decision making, helping us create a world where there are no barriers for people with sight loss.
Whether it's completing a short survey, taking part in a quick poll or sharing your views in an online discussion, you can choose how involved you want to be. Some of the Connect Voices opportunities include:
- Co-designing services, projects and events alongside staff
- Co-delivering courses for people with sight loss such as our confidence building courses
- Heping us recruit new senior members of staff including roles in our executive leadership team
- Taking part in quick polls and surveys
- Joining local committees to improve services and support for people with sight loss in your area
- Connecting with other organisations, such as TV companies and universities who are interested in working with people with sight loss
Join the Connect Voices online group
Our online group is the best way to join in with the involvement discussions and share your opinions with staff and other Connect Voice members. It's also the place to find out about the latest involvement opportunities.
To join the group, email [email protected] and a member of the team will send you an invite to join.
Take the latest quick poll
Our quick poll topics change every fortnight, and they're a fun and simple way to get invovled in our work. We use the results in a number of ways to help us make decisions.
Get Connect Voice updates by email
Connect Voice news and opportunities are regularly publicised in our General news email update.
How to get involved in Connect Voices if you're not online
You can hear a round-up of key information from the Connect Voices Network by listening to the RNIB Info Line by calling 0203 432 1488.
The RNIB Info Line is a recorded information service created for people wanting to know more about sight loss. With our Info Line, you can access spoken information without having to wait in line for an adviser.
Volunteer with RNIB
Volunteering with RNIB is another great way to get involed in our work. We have regular volunteering opportunties available accross the UK and can help you find a role that matches your time, skills and interests.