Experienced volunteers who have taken on a leadership role, our Community Lead Volunteers bring people together, raise awareness, support other volunteers, tackle barriers to independence and fundraise for our work.
Depending on your availability, training and interests, you will have the chance to take part in some or all of the following:
• host events and regular groups
• give talks about sight loss, eye health, the work of RNIB and partners
• design and deliver local campaigns
• lead and train groups of volunteers
• organise fundraising events like store collections
• attend information stalls and cheque presentations, and
• make wellbeing calls to community members.
As a blind or partially sighted Community Lead Volunteer, you may have the opportunity to join one of our Community Action Groups, shaping activity in your local area. (Note: These Groups have no governance or resource authority within RNIB.)