Technology gives us the power to access information, to exercise consumer choice, to plan independent travel, to enjoy global entertainment in the palm of our hands and to share our experiences.
Our technology volunteers unleash this power, ensuring that blind and partially sighted people are not excluded from a connected world.
Long before pac-man was eating pac-dots, volunteers were supporting people with sight loss to use technology. They help with a huge range of devices - from tablets to talking book players.
- Create an account or login below
- Select “See All Opportunities” and choose “Computers and Technology” as your interests/skills.
If you experience any issues or have any questions, please email us at [email protected] or call 01733 375 450.
All across the country, our volunteers:
- help people set up new devices or troubleshoot tech issues remotely
- support learning sessions at our IT hubs
- share tech skills at digital learning workshops in the community
- provide one-to-one tech support to local people in their own homes
- organise events and teams of tech volunteers
We have a wide range of technology volunteering opportunities and welcome IT experts, internet enthusiasts, smartphone fans and gadget lovers. However, you don’t need to be a tech guru to get involved. Our technology services are built on volunteer led delivery, and we‘re always looking for more technology volunteers to help us coordinate and organise our services.
If you believe in the power of technology to increase wellbeing and transform lives and are interested in technology volunteering, we’d be delighted to welcome you to the team! Apply today.
Watch our video to learn how you can become a technology volunteer like Isobel, who helps people with sight or hearing loss to get online in their free time.
Join thousands of incredible volunteers who make everyday better for people living with sight loss and hearing loss.