Living Well with Sight Loss courses
RNIB’s free, informal, community-based courses provide information, advice, support and practical solutions for people adjusting to sight loss and those close to them.
Living Well with Sight Loss courses provide the opportunity to meet others, share experiences, increase independence, boost confidence and get practical advice, information and resources.
Living Well with Sight Loss courses are for adults of all ages, including the friends and family members of those experiencing sight loss. The courses can take place over the phone, on video call or face-to-face and they are free. We’re also working with other sight loss charities so we can deliver more courses.
Each course includes information and advice on a variety of topics, including:
- Registration of sight impairment and understanding benefits
- Staying independent
- Daily life skills and using technology
- Eye health and available eye care services
- Leisure and opportunities to connect with others
- Signposting to other national and local organisations.
We also offer “Focus on” courses which, as the name suggests, focus on a particular topic. These include:
- Confident living: independence and confidence indoors and outdoors
- Wellbeing: living well and feeling great
- Money matters: finance and shopping.
- Family and friends: dedicated support for people who have loved ones with sight loss.
- Technology: knowledge and confidence using technology in everyday life.
Course for parents of children with vision impairment
Living Well with Sight Loss – Parent Pathways is a free and informal course for the parents and carers of children who’ve recently been diagnosed with vision impairment. Join a small group of other parents and carers for a series of online sessions where you can get information, advice and support.