Students receive all the materials and tuition needed to complete the course.
The course includes the following:
- Braille music notes and rests
- The octave sign
- Key signatures, accidentals, and time signatures
- The slur, tie and other phrasing marks
- Dynamics and expression
- Nuances and accent signs
- Print section endings and their repeats
- The Braille repeat
- Irregular note grouping
- Stem signs
- Common music layouts
- Miscellaneous items.
It does not cover any of the following:
- Material covered in the RNIB Certificate in Contracted Braille (UEB) Course
- Other music notation not listed above. Please refer to Krolick, B. [ed.] (1996) New International Manual of Braille Music Notation for information on signs not covered
- Exam-specific information. Please refer to the document G021 Braille Music and Unified English Braille on the UKAAF website
- Skills in teaching braille to blind individuals.