Awards for 2023 to 2024
The Elizabeth Eagle-Bott Memorial Fund (EEBMF) will continue in 2023 with minor changes to the awards from 2022.
The EEBMF will be making available
- awards of up to £2,000 for individuals
- Awards of up to £5,000 for third party applications
It is hoped that these arrangements will allow the EEBMF to support as many blind and partially sighted musicians as possible.
What will the Awards cover?
For individual blind and partially sighted musicians, the Awards may be used in the following ways. Priority will be given to applications which identify relevant and realistic aims, and which clearly explain these in the context of the applicant’s regular musical work or activity.
- Development of new musical projects
- Purchase of mainstream and specialist instruments or equipment clearly related to your musical work or activities.
- Training in the use of equipment or in the use of digital technology and online platforms;
- Tuition, professional development, mentoring, coaching or the acquisition of qualifications linked to your current or planned musical activities.
- Financial hardship directly attributable to the current cost of living difficulties
For third parties making applications on behalf of blind and partially sighted musicians, the EEBMF will continue to consider applications for projects, resources, training and activities which will support at least two or more blind and partially sighted musicians over the age of 18.
What the Awards will not cover
The Awards are not intended to reimburse day-to-day musical work and activities.
Applicants are expected to have explored alternative sources of funding where possible.
Who can apply?
The Awards are open to blind and partially sighted musicians, resident in the UK. Priority will be given to those who are either studying music or who earn the majority of their income through music.
Previous awardees and applicants to the EEBMF are welcome to apply.
How to apply
In order to apply for an Award from the EEBMF, please complete either Application form A (for blind and partially sighted individuals) or Application form B (for third party applications) which are available from [email protected] and email this back to [email protected] by no later than noon on Friday 31 March 2023.
When will I hear about my application?
Applicants will be notified during the week of 1 May with interviews to be held on Wednesday 17 May via Zoom.
For any further information, or to discuss a possible application, please contact [email protected]