Working for RNIB means working towards a world where there are no barriers to people with sight loss.
We recognise everyone’s unique experience of sight loss and offer help and support for blind and partially sighted people – this can be anything from practical and emotional support, campaigning for change, reading services and the products we offer in our online shop.
There are a whole range of functions and services that support the vital work that we do; whether you’re at the start of your career or you have years of work experience, we can help you to use your strengths, enthusiasm and skills to their maximum potential.
We're looking for talented, enthusiastic people who love a challenge and want to make a real difference. Whatever job you apply for, you will have a crucial role to play in one of the UK's leading sight loss charities.
Our core beliefs guide how we act and behave as an organisation. These are the principles that enable us to help blind and partially sighted people from the moment of diagnosis onwards.
As an RNIB employee the work you do will have a direct impact on people's lives. Every employee is guided by our core values in their daily jobs.
- We're led by blind and partially sighted people - Blind and partially sighted people are at our heart and influence everything we do.
- We're collaborative - We work together to make the biggest difference.
- We're creative - We understand challenges and find ways to overcome them and move forward.
- We're inclusive - We include and value people with diverse experience, abilities and backgrounds.
- We're open - We are honest and straightforward by challenging ourselves and others.
RNIB is committed to being an Equal Opportunities organisation; we strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace. To support this, RNIB is proud to be a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, and has been recognised as Disability Confident Employer (Level 2).
The Disability Confident Scheme aims to help organisations employ and retain people with disabilities and other health conditions.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we offer interviews to all applicants with disabilities who meet the essential criteria for the job, which provides the opportunity to candidates with disabilities to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Work experience for blind and partially sighted people
At RNIB we also offer various opportunities to help blind and partially sighted people in to employment.
- Our Trainee Grade Scheme (TGS) offers a 50 week, fixed term placement in various roles within RNIB to help develop skills and increase knowledge of the work place.