An hour of the best in classical music
Listen every Monday at 7pm, repeated Sunday at 7pm.
Sandra Gayer presents a programme of classical and modern music, spanning 500 years of breath-taking ideas.
Listen to the latest episode.
- Bethlehem Town. Composer: Elizabeth Poston. Performed by St Albans Cathedral Girls Choir and Lay Clerks of St Albans Cathedral
- And While They Lived In Joy and Bliss. Composer: Elizabeth Poston. Performed by St Albans Cathedral Girls Choir and Lay Clerks of St Albans Cathedral
- Zu Weihnachten – Fantasie the fifth. Composer: Gustav Lange. Performed by Caroline Fischer
- Oh Holy Night. Composer: Adolphe Adam. Performed by Palestrina Boys Choir and Carlow Choral Society
- Resonet in laudibus. Composer: Praetorius. Performed by Icon
- Lullay my liking, Op. 34, No. 2. Composer: Gustav Holst. Performed by Icon
- Andante con moto ma non troppo. Poco scherzoso, (3) of String Quartet No.13 in B flat major, Op. 130. Composer: Beethoven. Performed by CHIAROSCURO QUARTET
- Nocturne. Composer: Joseph Marx. Performed by Carolyn Sampson with pianist Joseph Middleton
- An die Musik, D 547. Composer: Frans Schubert. Performed by Carolyn Sampson with pianist Joseph Middleton
- Fantasie über „Morgen, Kinder, wird’s was geben. Arranged: Matthias Bucher. Performed by Knabenchor Hannover and London Brass
- It’s Beginning To Look A Lot like Christmas. Composer: Meredith Wilson. Perfomed by Perry Como
- Shepherds Noel. Composer: Traditional. Performed by Claire College Singers