- Starts: Saturday, 5 August 2023
- Ends: Saturday, 5 August 2023
- Region: South West
Join #TeamRNIB for the South West Coast 50 Challenge and help us support more people with sight loss.
Registration fee: £15 - £72.50 depending on chosen option
Fundraising pledge: £135 - £395 depending on chosen option
Test yourself with this brand new challenge and enjoy amazing scenery along the way. Starting in the shadows of the impressive Dunster Castle, you’ll follow the famous Coastal Path through Minehead, continuing over Exmoor and climbing over 1600m to be rewarded with truly spectacular views.
You can choose between 50km and 25km distances and with the option to walk, run or jog there’s a South West Coast 50 Challenge for everyone!
Organised by Action Challenge, who have over 20 years’ experience organising adventures worldwide, you’ll be in very safe hands.
Sign up now and raise vital funds to support blind and partially sighted people when they need it most.
You can choose to pay a smaller registration fee and fundraise more or pay a higher contribution towards your place with a lower fundraising target. You’ll need to raise 50% of your sponsorship 3 weeks before the event to confirm your place.
50km challenge: £30 registration fee + £395 minimum sponsorship
25km challenge: £15 registration fee + £250 minimum sponsorship
50km challenge: £72.50 registration fee + £220 minimum sponsorship
25km challenge: £45 registration fee + £135 minimum sponsorship
Already have your own place?
If you’ve already secured your place in the South West Coast 50 Challenge you can still join #TeamRNIB and receive all the same support, we just ask you to fundraise as much as you can.
As a member of #TeamRNIB you’ll get first-class support from the moment you sign up, all the way to event day, so you can smash your training and fundraising goals.
- Exclusive RNIB t-shirt to wear with pride
- Fundraising pack and personalised support from the friendliest events team in the game
- Training plans and advice to get you trek-ready
- Fully signed and marshalled routes with regular rest stops and support vehicles on hand throughout
- Free drinks, snacks and hot meals
- First class medical care, including free massage and injury support at main rest points
- Medal and a glass of bubbles when you finish
- Timing chips and timing website for friends and family to track you.
How your fundraising helps
Every day, 250 people in the UK start to lose their sight. Many people won't get any practical or emotional support when they need it most. We want to change that.
It costs just £250 for someone with sight loss to attend an RNIB Living Well with Sight Loss course which help attendees increase independence, boost confidence and connect with others to share experiences.
Your fundraising will help ensure that no one faces sight loss alone.