- Starts: Sunday, 8 September 2024
- Ends: Sunday, 8 September 2024
- Event price: £25
- Fundraising pledge: £350
- Region: North East
Are you ready to take on the biggest half marathon in the world?
Join #TeamRNIB for the 43rd edition of the iconic Great North Run. Take in the Tyne Bridge and finish in the coastal town of South Shields.
You’ll get first-class support all the way, helping you to smash your training and fundraising targets. Also, your friends and family can join on the day to cheer you on and celebrate after the race.
Take on this exciting challenge and raise vital funds to help create a world without barriers for people with sight loss.
Got your own place?
If you have a ballot place in the Great North Run, you can still run for #TeamRNIB and we'll support you all the way. We just ask you to fundraise as much as you can.
Join #TeamRNIB and you'll receive:
- Expert advice from our dedicated fitness trainer
- Online training sessions
- Expert fundraising advice and support all the way to race day
- A digital welcome pack full of fundraising top tips and resources
- An RNIB running vest to wear with pride as well as cheering t-shirts for your family and friends
- The loudest and most excitable cheer squad on race day
- Post-race refreshments and a well-deserved massage
- Personalised support from the friendliest events team in the game
You'll take part alongside more than 57,000 runners on a 13.1 mile half marathon route. You’ll run through the buzzing streets of Newcastle, over the iconic Tyne Bridge, winding through Gateshead to the finish line on the beautiful South Shields coast. All the while being cheered on by thousands of excited supporters.
This is an unforgettable running event not to be missed.
How your fundraising helps
Every day, 250 people in the UK start to lose their sight. Many people won't get any practical or emotional support when they need it most. We want to change that.
It costs just £250 for someone with sight loss to attend an RNIB Living Well with Sight Loss course which help attendees increase independence, boost confidence and connect with others to share experiences.
Your fundraising will help ensure that no one faces sight loss alone.