Services we offer in Edinburgh and the Lothians

RNIB Edinburgh and Lothians is the part of RNIB Scotland that provides specific local services to people with sight loss who live in Edinburgh, West Lothian, Midlothian and East Lothian. 

Rehabilitation service

Our rehabilitation service provides specialist assessment, training, information and advice about mobility, communication, independent living skills and low vision assessments.

Social work

Our social work team provides an assessment and care management service for blind and partially sighted children and adults on behalf of the local authorities in Edinburgh, Midlothian and East Lothian (West Lothian provides its own services in this particular field).

Welfare rights

Living with sight loss can involve a lot of extra expense. Our See Me Right service offers benefit and entitlements advice to blind and partially sighted people who live in Edinburgh, East Lothian and Midlothian. Contact 0131 652 3144 or email [email protected].

Products for Life Store

Our Products for Life Store has a large selection of special equipment and aids to daily living for people with sight problems including; aids to magnification, specialist lighting, talking watches and clocks, and information on different eye conditions to help you understand your diagnosis.

Eye Clinic support service

Our Eye Clinic Support Service offers initial assessment, support, advice and information to patients of the Princess Alexandra Eye Pavilion in Edinburgh with significant sight problems.

Leisure and social groups

We also organise a wide range of leisure and social groups and activities for people with sight loss living in Edinburgh and the Lothians, including holidays for children and adults.