The Wales Vision Strategy group exists to deliver positive change for blind and partially sighted people in Wales, including those at risk of sight loss, by 2020. The group is a collaboration between charities, public sector organisations, businesses and blind and partially sighted people.
The Wales Vision Strategy’s priorities are:
- To improve the nation’s eye health and end avoidable sight loss.
- To improve support across social care services.
- To improve awareness of sight loss and create an inclusive society for all blind and partially sighted people.
Members of the Wales Vision Strategy include:
- Access Design Solutions
- Cardiff Institute for the Blind
- Care and Repair Cymru
- DeafBlind Cymru
- Guide Dogs Cymru
- Macular Society
- Optometry Wales
- RNIB Cymru
- Royal College of Nursing in Wales
- Sight Cymru
- Swansea University
- Vision UK
- Wales Council of the Blind
- Welsh Government
- Welsh Rehabilitation Officers’ Forum
There are an estimated 107,000 people living with sight loss in Wales and over the next 25 years the number of people with sight loss is expected to double.
To find out more about the work of the Wales Vision Strategy and how you can get involved please contact us by calling 029 2082 8500 or emailing [email protected].
Join the conversation on social media by using #WalesVision