- Starts: Friday, 27 January 2023
- Ends: Saturday, 28 January 2023
- Region: Greater London
Join #TeamRNIB for the Winter Walk and help us smash the barriers faced by people with sight loss.
Registration fee: £15- £44.50 depending on chosen option
Fundraising pledge: £110 - £275 depending on chosen option
Start the year with a hike around the historic streets of London and walk off those Christmas celebrations. The looped routes start and finish at The Oval Cricket Ground and you’ll take in highlights of the Thames and its famous bridges, along with many more of the Capital’s stunning landmarks.
With marathon and half marathon distances to choose from there’s a Winter Walk for everyone.
Organised by Action Challenge, who have over 20 years’ experience organising adventures worldwide, you’ll be in very safe hands.
Sign up now and raise vital funds to support blind and partially sighted people when they need it most.
You can choose to pay a smaller registration fee and fundraise more or pay a higher contribution towards your place with a lower fundraising target. You’ll need to raise 50% of your sponsorship 3 weeks before the event to confirm your place.
Full marathon: £20 registration fee + £275 minimum sponsorship
Half marathon: £15 registration fee + £195 minimum sponsorship
Full marathon: £44.50 registration fee + £150 minimum sponsorship
Half marathon: £34.50 registration fee + £110 minimum sponsorship
Already have your own place?
If you’ve already secured your place in the South West Coast 50 Challenge you can still join #TeamRNIB and receive all the same support, we just ask you to fundraise as much as you can.
As a member of #TeamRNIB you’ll get first-class support from the moment you sign up, all the way to event day, so you can smash your training and fundraising goals.
- Exclusive RNIB t-shirt to wear with pride
- Fundraising pack and personalised support from the friendliest events team in the game
- Training plans and advice to get you trek-ready
- Fully signed and marshalled routes with regular rest stops and support vehicles on hand throughout
- Free drinks, snacks and hot meals
- First class medical care, including free massage and injury support at main rest points
- Medal and a glass of bubbles when you finish
- Timing chips and timing website for friends and family to track you.
How your fundraising helps
Every day, 250 people in the UK start to lose their sight. Many people won't get any practical or emotional support when they need it most. We want to change that.
It costs just £250 for someone with sight loss to attend an RNIB Living Well with Sight Loss course which help attendees increase independence, boost confidence and connect with others to share experiences.
Your fundraising will help ensure that no one faces sight loss alone.